• Orders placed on this website can only be delivered to mainland UK addresses. If you wish to order an item for delivery to Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands, BFPO addresses or elsewhere please contact us and we will confirm if we can deliver and shipping costs.
• Your order will automatically be despatched to the delivery address that you supply when placing said order. However in order to ensure prompt delivery our courier may try to leave the goods in the care of a neighbouring address where no-one is available at the delivery address. If you would like to specify particular neighbours that you do or don't want the driver to try, or if you would like to request that the driver only delivers to the address on the parcel please contact email@example.com ASAP after the order is placed and before it is despatched.
• Once you have placed an order if you foresee any problems with this delivery arrangement please contact us ASAP. We will always try to help but the options are wider and more favourable prior to goods leaving our hands and going into the control of a third party.
Cut off times:
• Orders are usually despatched within 1-3 days of the order date. 95% of all orders are despatched within 24hours
• We do not deliver at weekends or on bank holidays, only on working days during typical working hours (8am to approx 5:30pm.) Orders placed any time on Saturdays, Sundays or bank holidays will also be processed, picked, packed and despatched on the following working day.
• Please note that from time to time there are also some working day exceptions to the 1-3 day despatch rule as not all stock is immediately available all of the time. Please refer to individual product availability notes for variations. If this is the case we will contact you within 24hrs of the order date by email.
• Our standard despatch package is next day delivery. Your order will normally be delivered to you some time on the next working day following its despatch from us. Whilst almost 100% of deliveries are achieved within this time, our courier does not guarantee this turnaround period and a very few deliveries may be subject to delay.
Lightweight items sent out by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery
• Deliveries will be attempted some time on the first working day following the despatch of the goods. For example if goods are sent out on a Friday a delivery attempt will be made on the Monday.
• It is vital that someone is available at the delivery address for this attempt. If no-one is available no further attempt will be made, but rather a card will be left saying that an attempt has been made and that the item is being held for you to collect from your local Royal Mail depot.
• Delivery to any alternative address/person supplied by the customer will be treated as delivery to the customer: once a signature has been obtained neither we nor our courier accept responsibility for the safety of the goods. Many of our terms and conditions refer to the date of receipt of goods: date on which goods are signed for (whether by the customer or someone else at any delivery address supplied by the customer) is the same as date of receipt of goods. Items sent by our courier
• There will be an attempt made to deliver your order on the following working day after it has been despatched. For example if goods are sent out on a Friday the first delivery attempt will be made on the following Monday. This attempt at delivery and any subsequent attempts you are entitled to as part of your p&p payment will only be made to the delivery address you have supplied prior to despatch of goods unless the driver opts to attempt delivery to a neighbour (see points below in this section for further information).
• If on the first delivery attempt no-one is available to take receipt of the goods the courier can carry out one further attempt.
• If on the first delivery attempt no-one is available to take receipt of the goods the courier should leave a calling card, detailing contact details for your local depot. If you then contact your local depot they will be pleased to organise that final delivery attempt for you. That final attempt will only be carried out on a working week day and must also be carried out within five working days of the original delivery attempt. If the depot does not hear from you in time to arrange the final delivery attempt within five working days of the original delivery attempt then you will forfeit your right to the final delivery attempt.
• It is vital that someone is available at the delivery address for at least one of these allotted delivery attempts, as only these are covered by the original p&p costs you pay. If no-one is available for any of the allotted attempts no further attempt can be made without further payment being made by the customer. Unfortunately the courier requires further payment from us in these circumstances which has to be met.
• Our courier will not leave a parcel in a ‘safe place’ if no-one is available at the delivery address: all items have to be received and signed for by someone at the delivery point.
• Please note: in order to ensure prompt delivery our courier may try to leave the goods in the care of a neighbour where no-one is available at the delivery address. If you would like to specify particular neighbours that you do or don't want the driver to try, or if you would like to request that the driver only delivers to the address on the parcel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP after the order is placed and before it is despatched.
• Delivery to...
a) a neigbouring address (either directly supplied or not vetoed by the customer) or
b) an alternative address / person directly supplied by the customer
...will be treated as delivery to the customer: once a signature has been obtained neither we nor our courier accept responsibility for the safety of the goods. Many of our terms and conditions refer to the date of receipt of goods: date on which goods are signed for (at any legitimate address as outlined above) is the same as date of receipt of goods.
• Options for receiving a parcel if all allotted delivery attempts are made without success are as follows:
1. You can collect the parcel yourself from the local depot. More information as to how to go about this is provided on the calling card the courier leaves when no-one is available to receive the goods. If you wish you may exercise this option after the first failed delivery attempt, you need not wait for further attempts to be made.
2. Further delivery attempts can be booked through us. Please note those allotted attempts as set out above are the only ones which are covered within the p&p you pay for your order to be delivered to you. Further attempts at delivery are charged at £6.95 + £2.50+ VAT for a delivery within the same post code and £6.95 + £7.50 + VAT to other post codes (these are charges we incur from the courier and which we must cover.)
• Our courier will retain a package for five working days following the first attempt to deliver; following which it will be automatically returned to us. If this happens we incur further charges from the courier, and will therefore require extra payment from you to cover those costs. Furthermore we will not re-issue those goods unless both the return costs and new outward p&p costs are paid.
Signature on delivery of order unavailable/order refused/order not collected :
• If an order is deliberately refused entry at the delivery address (otherwise than by reason of circumstances under control of Tackheaven)
Or if no-one is available to sign for the goods on any of the delivery attempts
Or if no attempt is made by the customer to contact his/her local depot to arrange a final delivery attempt within the time specified (see delivery procedures above)
and the goods are not collected from the local courier depot within the time specified (see delivery procedures above) and are therefore auto-returned to us
the customer will be held liable for both the outgoing and return shipping costs of the order. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is processed following our receipt of those auto-returned goods. Exceptions will be made where a prior establishment of right of refusal/cancellation has been obtained by the customer from Tackheaven.
• These delivery times are not guaranteed. Whilst almost 100% of deliveries are achieved within the specified time a very few deliveries may be subject to delay or loss. We do our utmost to avoid this, and to chase up and resolve as quickly as possible unavoidable problems which may occur.
• Although you are welcome to contact the courier direct in cases of lateness we are happy to do so on your behalf. If your delivery does not arrive on time / at all please let us know as soon as possible. Failure to do so may affect your right to claim, where applicable, for any lateness or loss. We are required by our courier company to put in any claim for lateness or loss within 7 days of the date of despatch. Lightweight items sent out by Royal Mail Special or Recorded Delivery
• If your goods sent by Royal Mail have not arrived on the next working day following despatch please feel free to report this to us. However the Royal Mail require us to allow 15 days from the date of despatch before they will declare an item lost, rather than simply pending delivery still.
• Unfortunately this means that we cannot immediately issue replacements or refunds for items sent by Royal Mail which do not arrive on time. Once the 15 days have passed if goods have still not arrived we can obtain an official declaration from the Royal Mail that the item is lost rather than simply delayed. At this point we are able to issue replacements or refunds.